Job Title: Machinist Technician
Perform the assemblies and sub-assemblies of electromechanical and electronics products including wiring, soldering and coil winding.
Performs various marking and stamping operations to piece parts and product assemblies as required.
Receive purchases or work in-process materials. Receive, identify and stock all parts in designated areas as required. Package parts per shipping instructions using all available equipment required to complete these tasks.
Perform intermediate and final assembly operations on all product assemblies including the integration of major sub-assembles (component) into basic package type product assemblies. Access a variety of tooling and supply items from the tool crib as needed to perform job functions.
- Perform functions using documents such as blueprints, production travelers, schematic diagrams and other specific written and oral instructions.
- Perform a variety of complex wiring and soldering operations on electronic, electrical or electromechanical products.
- Set up, maintain set up and operate coil winding machine for Skein wound, Toroidal wound, Level wound, and Armature Winding.
- Set up and use all standard and special measuring devices to verify conformance to dimensional and performance characteristics of the end product. Examples of these devices (use to record measurements only) are: microscopes, voltmeters, photometers, etc.
- Verifies product to ATP/ATS requirements or work instructions. Record data as required.
- Uses techniques of shimming, parts adjustment, and parts selection to adjust mechanical characteristics of products.
- Make adjustments to set ups as required to correct dimension and finish variation.
- Does touch ups as required.
- Performs inspection as required to material.
- Receive and count parts and materials and match and compare counts against documents such as waybill numbers, purchase orders, packing slips, manufacturing orders and re-work orders.
- Keep extensive records as required.
- Fills part requisitions from proper lot of materials.
- Repackage, identify and store parts and materials in proper locations.
- Maintains perpetual inventory counts and advises inventory control when reorder points are reached.
- Package parts for shipping per packing specifications.
- Use shipping software on computer.
- Create labels and address and prepare waybills for all modes of shipment.
- Similar or less skilled tasks within classification as required.
- Continual lifting, occasional heavy lifting.
- Ability to perform all job duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret documents such as blueprints, schematics, drawings, production travelers and specific written instructions.
- Ability to use all standard and special measuring and dimensional devices as required.
- Ability to accurately use measuring devises such as calipers and micrometers.
- Ability to analyze and make corrections on assembly operations.
- Ability to use standard test and inspection equipment.
- Ability to solder
- Ability to use and adjust packaging equipment, postage meters, data collection systems and labeling equipment.
- Knowledge of shipping procedure of various carriers.
- Knowledge of DOT shipping regulations.
- New employees must attain satisfactory proficiency in three months.
- Indoor work – air conditioned
- Required to wear company provided personal protection equipment
- Occasional lifting may be required
- Work performed while sitting
- Close, small intricate work
- Good eyesight needed
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Must use visual aids, i.e., microscopes & magnifiers
- Low noise level
- Occasional exposure to moving machinery
- Exposure to lubricants, adhesives and solvents in small quantities
- Exposure to molten solder & fumes
- Exposure to hot soldering tools
- Exposure to sharp tools, equipment and materials
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.