The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for administering Bowmar’s compensation and benefit plans; assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment; conducting employee onboarding and helping plan and implement training and development programs. Additionally, they are responsible for supporting the Bowmar Vision engaging all employee in continuous improvement through the development of a culture based on trust and respect.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Process hourly and salary payroll timely and accurately.
- Be 100% responsible for the creation and maintenance of employee attendance records. Notify managers in a timely manner when discipline needs to occur.
- Manage the daily activities of the employee benefits programs including Open Enrollment activities, benefits designations, question/issue resolution. Be the main point of contact with DeHayes Group.
- Reconcile and approve all benefit related invoices on a monthly basis.
- Be the resident expert of Kronos training all Bowmar employees in its use ensuring Bowmar is using the system to its greatest advantage.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of the employee recruitment and selection process.
- Conduct and coordinate all new employee onboarding.
- Develop annual training calendar in conjunction with department managers. Execute training plan as indicated. Track and maintain all employee training records.
- Specifically, execute the requirements of the FAA Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Develop and execute a process to track the Feed Forward conversations. Inform leadership of issues and trends identified through the process.
- Plan and execute activities throughout the year to recognize and show appreciation to employees and build comradery. HAVE FUN !!
- Maintain all employee records in compliance with the law keeping all matters confidential.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal legislation, including but not limited to:
- EEO / Affirmative Action Plan
- Sexual Harassment
- Develop and administer policies and programs relating to:
- Employee / Labor Relations
- Employee Training
- FAA Drug & Alcohol Program
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary life, and LTD insurances, 401k)
- Safety and Health
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Core Competencies: These competencies are identified by Bowmar leadership and should be demonstrated by all employees across the enterprise. Bowmar Core competencies are listed below:
Position Specific Competencies: Core competencies identified by Bowmar leadership and determined unique to the position and necessary for the individual to successfully accomplish the position’s functions.
- Timely Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Clear and concise Communication
- Willingness to Learn
- Personal Credibility
- High Figure It Out Factor
- Self Motivated
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player.
- Must have ability to work as part of a team, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide leadership.
- Must have the ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and be flexible, with a high standard of attention to detail.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
- Must have good computer skills: Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Must be a “Team Player”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources or related experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and occasionally stand and walk.
- Incumbent must be able to write, speak clearly, hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Vision requirements include close vision and distant vision.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, bending and lifting (maximum 15 lbs).
- Incumbent will be exposed to general office working conditions that include exposure to florescent lights and may include risk of radiation from computer monitor. The typical work environment has low noise and moderate temperature levels
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.