Job Title: Janitor Job Number: 522
Reports to: Facility Manager Wage Group: 15
Performs cleaning and minor maintenance operations, i.e. painting, on building, grounds, furniture, fixtures, etc. as assigned.
Maintain and dispense a variety of tooling and supply items from the tool crib.
- Performs such operations as cleaning, sweeping, washing and polishing of floors, windows, walls, fixtures, furniture, woodwork, carpets, blinds, wash bowls, toilets and mirrors.
- Empties refuse cans, including scrap metal and fluids and generally keeps working areas in an orderly and clean condition.
- Moves furniture, fixtures or small machines to perform janitor duties..
- Maintain inventory of janitorial supplies such as soaps, polishes, solvents, towels and toilet tissue.
- Similar or less skilled tasks within classification as required.
- Performs all duties under close supervision.
- Uses equipment such as vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops and snow shovels.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, soaps, solvents, and cleaning equipment and their application.
- New employees must attain satisfactory proficiency in three months.
- Indoor work – air conditioned
- Occasional outdoor work
- Exposure to cleaning soaps, chemicals, and polishes
- Tasks performed constantly standing and walking, stooping and bending
- Occasionally required to get into unusual body positions, i.e., lying down, kneeling
- Occasional heavy lifting
- Occasional move heavy objects
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.