Job Title: Maintenance/Machine Repair Job Number: 571
Reports to: Facility Manager Wage Group: 57
Perform all general maintenance work exclusive of major overhaul of equipment and major construction. Accomplish repairs in whatever manner is required to minimize equipment downtime.
Maintain and dispense a variety of tooling and supply items from the tool crib.
- Perform all general maintenance repair and installation of equipment and machine tools as required with use of documents such as schematic diagrams, blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Diagnose and repair major electrical or mechanical problems in all types of machinery and equipment including automatic assembly equipment where operators may combine pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical applications (including electronics).
- Similar or less skilled work within classification as required.
- Handle bulk chemicals for waste and production use.
- Operate forklift.
- Must complete all tasks under general supervision mostly relating to priorities.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, schematics, diagrams, sketches, written orders and shop manuals.
- Must have ability to provide assistance to other employees.
- Must have working knowledge of factory systems such as air, power, electric, telephone, water, HVAC and gas.
- Must have prior experience in skilled trades involved in maintenance work.
- Must have extensive tool repair experience.
- Must be able to diagnose hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ability to deal with outside contractors.
- Must be licensed to operate forklift.
- New employees must attain satisfactory proficiency in three months.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Heavy lifting and moving – frequently
- Exposure to high voltage electricity
- Exposure to pressurized hydraulic and air lines
- Exposure to rotating and moving machinery
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Work at all heights with ladder or lift
- Work in unusual body positions, i.e., lying on back, kneeling, bending over
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent handling of awkward objects
- Frequently exposed to pinching or “caught between” situations
- Must purchase basic hand tools
- Exposure to grease, oil, cutting fluid and solvents
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.