Demonstrated ability to implement Toyota Production System. Working knowledge of lean processes. Ability to problem solve utilizing 5-Why process to get to root cause resolution. Examine part and define efficient manufacturing methods for production. Design fixtures, gages, machine tools, & equipment to support production demands. Create single piece flow of materials. Layout machinery and assembly workstations to optimize flow.
Utilize lean tools to ensure people, processes and machinery are aligned to achieve Policy Deployment objectives. Embrace Continuous Improvement as a way of life seeking opportunities to eliminate waste in all activities on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize the Continuous Improvement cycle of standard work, visual control, 5-Whys, and countermeasures, to identify and eliminate waste.
- Implement and execute robust 5S methodology.
- Consistently utilize safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Analyze quality test results and perform engineering analysis to ensure production meets quality requirements.
- Determines and reviews economic methods, operation sequence, and tooling for the fabrication of parts, finishing and assembly, components, subassemblies, or final parts.
- Use real time problem solving to eliminate variation in the manufacturing processes. Execute countermeasures that eliminate the variation.
- Troubleshoot day to day issues on the manufacturing floor
- Address causes & implement measures to prevent reoccurrence of issues
- Develop action plan / instructions to rework damaged parts or disposition them
- Create robust standard work and visual controls to ensure processes are executed in the Least Waste Way.
- Create routings for new part numbers to support product launches
- Alter current routings for manufacturability and cost savings
- Train operators on standard work
- Initiate work order to have fixtures manufactured by tool room
- Design and source parts for test equipment and initiate orders if required
- Participates in quoting cost studies and equipment recommendations
- Develop in house processing estimates for quotes
- Locate sources of supply for items called for by customer prints
- Review machine technical data for fit with Bowmar’s requirements
- Create cost / benefit and return-on-investment information for equipment
- Designs fixtures, gages, & machine tools to support production demands.
- Design fixtures, gages, & machine tools to support production demands
- Create detail drawings of designs in CAD
- Write tool work orders to build the design
- Locate & order materials as required
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Core Competencies: These competencies are identified by Bowmar leadership and should be demonstrated by all employees across the enterprise. Bowmar Core competencies are listed below:
Position Specific Competencies: Core competencies identified by Bowmar leadership and determined unique to the position and necessary for the individual to successfully accomplish the position’s functions.
|Technical Expertise||Analytical Thinking||Fostering Innovation|
|Building Collaborative Relationships||Excellent Communication Skills||Mastery of Toyota Production System|
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with the Toyota Production System.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have CAD / design software skills.
- Must have program management skills.
- Must have effective writing skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Able to analyze technical drawings.
- Must have the ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and be flexible.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
- Must be a “Team Player”
- Typically requires a college degree or equivalent and three to five years’ experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and have mobility to move in and out of machine cells and workstations.
- Incumbent must be able to write and speak technically in the English language (bilingual an asset), have good hearing and eye acuity and hand and finger dexterity.
- Must meet vision criteria per QP-005, along with good depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The use of magnification aids and lighting is sometimes used to trouble-shoot or in making analysis on product.
- Occasional lifting required up to 50 pounds.
- Incumbent will be exposed to general office and production working conditions that include exposure to florescent lights and may include risk of radiation from computer monitor and electrical shock. The typical work environment has moderate office noise and moderate temperature levels, although products may be tested at extreme temperatures.
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.