Responsible for supervising the daily activities of all assembly and shipping personnel. Embrace Continuous Improvement as a way of life seeking opportunities to eliminate waste in all activities on a daily basis. Coach all team members in the Toyota Production System using the appropriate tools at the appropriate time to provide the Highest Quality, Shortest Lead Time and Lowest Cost to our customers every day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and train all employees in the tools of the Toyota Production System including but not limited to Standard Work, 5-S, Process Mapping, Pull System, Single-piece Flow, and KanBan.
- Schedule daily production in the assembly areas of the facility to ensure customer’s wants/requirements are met and company resources are properly allocated.
- Use the company ERP System, Made 2 Manage, to its fullest potential linking all aspects of the business together seamlessly. Ensure that all data entered into Made 2 Manage is updated real time to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the Director of Continuous Improvement on the creation and implementation of standard work as a foundation for Continuous Improvement.
- Implement time based work in all assembly areas creating visual controls that allow team members to know where they are at a glance.
- Contribute to the development of a culture of Continuous Improvement across Bowmar.
- Use the customer specified portals to acknowledge and record customer’s shipments.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete and in compliance with all customer and legal requirements for all production and shipments at Bowmar.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing Manager, manage all inventories within your control to ensure materials are available when required and inventory dollars are maximized.
- Use the Feed Forward Program to provide ongoing feedback, develop relationships and create trust with team members.
- Participate in the selection of new team members.
- Provide input to the Director of Operations on the current and future needs of the business in the areas of machinery, equipment, physical plant improvements, human resources, etc.
- Execute the agreed upon UAW contract with the highest level of integrity. Participate in the negotiations of future contracts with the UAW balancing the wants of the company with the wants of the employees. Look for win-win outcomes in all interactions with the team members.
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Core Competencies: These competencies are identified by Bowmar leadership and should be demonstrated by all employees across the enterprise. Bowmar Core competencies are listed below:
|· Trust||· Character||· Competence|
|· Integrity||· Honesty||· Life long learner|
Position Specific Competencies: Core competencies identified by Bowmar leadership and determined unique to the position and necessary for the individual to successfully accomplish the position’s functions.
|· Excellent Communication Skills||· Coach to others||· Technical Expertise|
|· Building Collaborative
|· Mastery of the Toyota Production System||·|
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with the Toyota Production System.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Effective writing skills communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in priorities and needs ability to evaluate impact of competing wants in the business.
- Must exhibit a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
- Must be a “Team Player”.
- Typically requires a college degree and/or at least five-years of experience, including supervision.
Level of Supervision
- This position is responsible for the supervision of assembly, shipping and receiving.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, walk, and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel frequently, and stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell occasionally.
- Incumbent must be able to write and speak clearly.
- Vision requirements include close, distant, color, and peripheral vision, along with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Incumbent will be exposed to general office and production working conditions that include exposure to florescent lights and may include risk of radiation from computer monitor, risk of electrical shock, working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and occasionally outdoor weather conditions. The typical work environment has moderate office noise.
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.