The Program Manager (PM) will guide business efforts to secure orders for Bowmar from existing customers by responding in a timely manner to requests for quotation. The PM will assist in developing relationships with new prospects and existing customers and provide feedback and intelligence to the organization related to products and opportunities. The PM is responsible for the management, performance, and completion of assigned contract programs from inception to completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and submit quotes and proposals in alignment with the business goals of Bowmar, in a timely manner targeting 100% on time.
- Coordinate internal and external cross-functional, program
related teams and communications to facilitate achievement of:
- Bowmar’s and customer’s schedule program commitments.
- Program technical and cost objectives.
- Create and execute detailed project plans when necessary and schedules for quotes and programs from first customer contact through delivery of products and service as specified by the customer.
- Ensure that all information is entered, updated and complete in the ERP system M2M “Made to Manage”
- Initiate and manage internal and external program reviews to ensure execution meets all business objectives.
- As required, for achieving program success, travel to customer facilities for face-to-face program management meetings.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure that sales plans for assigned products and accounts are achieved.
- Update and communicate booking and sales forecasts on a monthly basis for all products and customers. Acquire, understand, and, as required, internally disseminate customer and product information related to customer forecasts and short and long-term delivery requirements.
- Update in the ERP System M2M open proposals total value in process and submitted proposals total value for pipeline chart weekly.
- Submit requested reports on a regular basis, including, but not limited to, weekly orders reports, Orders gap reports, monthly revenue forecasts, trip reports, expense reports, etc.
- Support Sales, Business Development and Marketing efforts as assigned, travel when necessary to customer facilities, as required, to accomplish job responsibilities.
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Core Competencies: These competencies are identified by Bowmar leadership and should be demonstrated by all employees across the enterprise. Bowmar Core competencies are listed below:
Position Specific Competencies: Core competencies identified by Bowmar leadership and determined unique to the position and necessary for the individual to successfully accomplish the position’s functions.
|Excellent Communication Skills||Attention to detail and organized||Technical product knowledge|
|Building Collaborative Relationships||Pleasant demeanor in person and on the phone||Desire to follow through and follow up.|
|Goal oriented||Self-motivated||Organized and disciplined|
Skills & Abilities:
- Requires excellent verbal and concise written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must have business contract negotiation experience and be adaptable to change.
- Will be required to work on a computer and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, MS Project, and be familiar with the company’s internal software “Made to Manage.”
- Requires a college degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent and a minimum of five years of program management or sales experience in a technical environment. Aerospace/Defense is preferred.
- A background in engineering is desired.
Level of Supervision
- Strong team orientation is required, with minimal daily supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and be able to use a keyboard for moderate to long periods of time.
- Must be able to write, speak clearly, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, bending, and lifting (maximum 50 lbs).
- May be exposed to general office working conditions, which include exposure to florescent lights and may include the risk of radiation from a computer monitor.
- Travel as required.
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.