Program Management, inclusive of Business Development, for a manufacturer of complex assemblies for the Defense and Aerospace industries. Solutions include gear products and control panels. This includes engineering, fabrication, assembly and test of systems and sub-systems. Core competencies include machining and assembly of complex components.
- Responsible for the identification of new business opportunities in new and existing markets and customers.
- Responsible for the initiation, performance management and successful completion of all contracted programs from inception to completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This includes strategy, planning, execution and meeting fiscal objectives for new business development.
- Identification of new opportunities in new and existing markets and new and existing accounts.
- Initiate and execute business development and sales strategies to gain new business opportunities.
- Lead internal discussion/negotiations to validate and decide bid or ‘no bid’ for new opportunities. This includes
validating the business case, financial viability and that it’s within core competencies.
- Capture management of new opportunities including proposals, plans and quotes. Project management of pipeline
- Negotiation of scope, price and deliverables for all new projects. Leading this effort and recommending ‘best’
solutions for company and client.
- Close deals and kick off programs.
- Creating sales opportunities, developing them and winning new deals/projects to achieve forecasted sales
- Responsible for updating booking and sales forecast on a monthly basis for all products and customers.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting quotes and proposals timely to meet customer project needs.
- Tracking pipeline wins and losses and reasons. Leverage this information for future product and sales
Responsible for cost, quality, schedule and meeting contractually committed client expectations on all active programs.
Formulating, organizing and monitoring inter-connected projects. Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives. Coordinating cross-project activities.
- Formal project kick-off as needed
- Creation and execution of detailed project plans and in the least waste way.
- Manage time and resources to plan objectives from inception to completion of all programs/projects. This include regularly schedule customer and internal program/project reviews.
- Ensure all programs meet cost, quality, schedule and contractually committed client expectations on all active programs.
- Corrective action as required
The above list reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Core Competencies: These competencies are identified by Bowmar leadership and should be demonstrated by all employees across the enterprise. Bowmar Core competencies are listed below:
• Trust • Character • Competence • Integrity • Honesty • Maturity
Position Specific Competencies: Core competencies identified by Bowmar leadership and determined unique to the position and necessary for the individual to successfully accomplish the position’s functions.
• Customer Orientation • Results Orientation • Entrepreneurial Orientation • Attention to Communication • Building Collaborative Relationships • Personal Credibility
Skills & Abilities:
• Must be familiar with company products, prices, policies and potential applications.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
• Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner.
• Must be able to manage multiple programs, prioritizing and executing based on wants.
• Must be a team player.
• Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Must have business contract negotiation experience and be adaptable to change.
• Will be required to work on a computer and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and MS
Project and be familiar with the company’s internal software.
• Requires a college degree in a business or technical discipline
• Proven Business Development, Capture Management and Program Management experience resulting in increased
business successfully delivered.
• Experience in Project Management, Change Management and Risk Management.
• Industry experience in Defense or Aerospace preferred. Other regulated industries and complex technical products
or services is also applicable.
Level of Supervision:
• This position is responsible for the supervision of the Customer Service manager and the Government / Legacy
products program manager.
• Strong team orientation is required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Travel as required.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and be able to use a keyboard for moderate to long periods of time.
• Must be able to write, speak clearly, hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, bending and lifting (maximum 50 lbs).
• May be exposed to general office working conditions which include exposure to florescent lights and may include risk
of radiation from computer monitor.
Bowmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.