Today, aircraft are being recapitalized and upgraded with the latest instrumentation and avionics. Recapitalization implies refurbishment to near zero-time/zero-mile maintenance. This upgrade process results in an improved model with enhanced war-fighting capabilities.
We have the ability to:
- Design, develop, and produce your upgrade or modification project.
- Integrate mechanical and electronic elements.
- Integrate fully fabricated, assembled and tested packages; ready for integration into customer’s end systems.
Precision Gear Products
Reliability when it counts
Bowmar’s gear trains are designed for use in high-accuracy electromechanical systems and applications that require precise control of speed, torque and lost motion.
- Position feedback sensors
- Valve control
- Automation equipment and robotics
- Up to AGMA class 13
- Materials – Stainless steel, brass, bronze, aluminum, composite
- Sizes – 0.079” (2.0 mm) to 7.815” (200 mm) diameter
- Pitch – 12 to 400 diameter
- Types – Spur, helical, bevel, worm (single or multiple leads), internal ring, pinion, ratchet, escapement, anti-backlash, special form
Human Machine Interface Control Panels
Building confidence with six decades of experience
Rotary or fixed wing aircraft (2 to 8 units per ship-set depending on the aircraft)
- Operator Interface for aircraft secure voice/data switching communications management system.
- LED lighting
- Dead-front/sunlight readable annunciators
- NVIS compliant to MIL-STD-3009
- Sealed low-profile momentary switches
- Custom encoders, rotary and toggle switches
- Illuminated knobs
- LED driver electronics and power regulation
- Split legend buttons
- Pulse width modulation for LED dimming
- PWM and PLD
As the life expectancy of military assets continues to increase, the government is looking for new sources of supply to support these legacy, sunset or end-of-life programs.
Traditional OEMs or distributors who are licensed to sell products, but they do not produce them are the usual customer
Manufacturers & DoD seeking cost-effective procurement and production alternatives
- Competitive Supplier for existing build-to-print assemblies
- Multi-Capability Supplier for new assembly designs.
- Partner Supplier for outsourcing Legacy Products